I'm not feeling too chatty this morning so enjoy the photos!
ABOUT THE RESORT
The resort is designed "with families in mind." It will feature four of Disney's popular character themes: Cars, Finding Nemo, The Lion King, and The Little Mermaid. Much like the other Disney Value Resorts, giant versions of various items will be built around the hotel on each of the ten wings, such as a 35-foot model of King Triton. In total, there will be 1,980 rooms. 1,120 of them are family suites capable of housing up to six people, featuring living rooms and bedrooms. The remaining 864 will sport the standard value layout on September 15, 2012. When completed, the resort will have a total of ten buildings, as well as three themed pools.
- Finding Nemo
- The Finding Nemo section of the resort will be themed with the ocean setting featured in the film, with underwater plant and animal decorations throughout the buildings. This is the first area of the resort, which opened on May 31, 2012.
- The Cars section of the resort will be themed like the Cozy Cone Motel that has featured in the film. Resort buildings will be themed with the movie's characters, including Lightning McQueen, Sally, Mater, and Luigi and Guido. This section of the resort opened on June 18.
- The Lion King
- The Lion King section of the resort will feature a "natural" setting, such as that found in the wild. The third section of the resort opened its doors on August 10.
- The Little Mermaid
- The Little Mermaid section of the resort will be themed with 600 cutout objects on resort balconies. "Under the Sea" decorations will be incorporated throughout the section. This section of the resort will have exterior walkways, where the other sections will have enclosed interior walkways between the rooms. It will open on September 15 as the fourth and final section of the resort.
- The Art of Animation
- Disney's Art of Animation Resort doesn't just celebrate four great animated movies, it also highlights the act of animation itself. This is reflected in the sketchbook motif and simple line drawings on the building exteriors and in the names of the retail and public areas: Landscapes Cafe, Animation Hall, Ink and Paint Shop, and Pixel Play Arcade.
- CLICK HERE to book now!