|Photo property of +MikeandTheMouse|
Get out the samba whistles and root for your favorite futbol team the FIFA World Cup is back! And guests visiting Walt Disney World during the 2014 FIFA World Cup can get into the spirit of the games in a variety of fun ways this summer.
Every four years, soccer fans around the world tune in to cheer on 32 international men’s soccer teams competing for the Federation Internationale de Football Association’s (FIFA) ultimate title. The 2014 FIFA World Cup on ESPN kicked off June 12 and runs through July 13.
With more than 20 locations at Walt Disney World Resort for guests to watch the World Cup, there is no shortage of spots to join in on the spirit of competition and camaraderie.
At Epcot, guests can celebrate the competition with some exclusive Disney experiences including a fun photo op with a themed Goofy topiary, and there’s even a special soccer experience in the Germany Pavilion for those who want to practice their skills. The Odyssey Center in Future World will be open throughout the competition to give fans a chance to catch the games on multiple big screens.
The must-stop destination for fans of futbol is the new United World Soccer store at Downtown Disney where guests can purchase specialty merchandise to cheer on their favorite teams while the world watches the events unfold in Brazil. New soccer-themed items with a splash of Disney include pins, apparel items, mugs and more and are available at Epcot.
Here’s a rundown of viewing locations throughout Walt Disney World Resort:
- Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort – Silver Screen Spirits Pool Bar and World Premiere Food Court
- Disney’s All-Star Music Resort – Intermission Food Court and Singing Spirits Pool Bar
- Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort – End Zone Food Court and Team Spirits Pool Bar
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge – Sanaa Lounge, Maji Pool Bar and Uzima Springs Pool Bar
- Disney’s Art of Animation Resort – Drop Off Pool Bar
- Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort – Banana Cabana Pool Bar
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort – The Wave … of American Flavors
- The Campsites at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort – Crockett’s Tavern
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa – Mizner’s Lounge and Beaches Pool Bar & Grill
- Disney’s Old Key West Resort – Gurgling Suitcase
- Disney’s Polynesian Resort – Barefoot Pool Bar
- Disney’s Pop Century Resort – Petal’s Pool Bar
- Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside – River Roost
- Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter – Scat Cat’s Club
- Disney’s Wilderness Lodge – Territory Lounge
- Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resorts – Ale and Compass Lounge, Crew’s Cup Lounge, Hurricane Hanna’s Waterside Bar & Grill and Martha’s Vineyard
- ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex – ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex Grill and Welcome Center.
Among the world’s most widely viewed sporting events, all of the World Cup’s 64 matches are being broadcast across ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN Radio and WatchESPN. Select games in Portuguese are broadcast on ESPN Deportes.