From Jennifer Fickley-Baker at the Disney Parks Blog -
Calling all princes, princesses, beasts, villains, knaves, kids and those of you who are simply kids at heart – New Fantasyland has reached a new milestone today with the official start of the area’s Preview Period.
|©Walt Disney Company|
During the Preview Period, New Fantasyland will be open and accessible to all Magic Kingdom Park guests. Please keep in mind that this is still a preview phase, so some locations may offer limited operating hours compared to the rest of the park. The area will be in regular operation beginning with the grand opening on December 6.
That said, here are some of the new areas you can expect to experience beginning today:
- Be Our Guest Restaurant
- Bonjour! Village Gifts – Find goodies inspired by both “Beauty and the Beast” and “The Little Mermaid” at this shop in Belle’s Village.
- Enchanted Tales With Belle – Forget everything you know about character greeting experiences with Disney characters. Here you’re invited inside Belle’s childhood home and are magically transported into Beast’s Castle, where you spend time with Belle by reenacting her fateful meeting with Beast. Disney PhotoPass is on-hand to capture it all.
- Gaston’s Tavern – Head inside Gaston’s ultimate retreat for a sip of LeFou’s Brew, or a bite of a pork shank or a tasty cinnamon roll.
- Under the Sea ~ Journey of The Little Mermaid – Plunge under the sea to follow Ariel as she meets Prince Eric, battles Ursula the Sea Witch, and makes the choice to become human. Be sure to bring your cameras to this attraction – Prince Eric’s Castle, which tops off the attraction, is guaranteed to impress.
– This magical dining location was taken straight out of the film “Beauty and The Beast,” and features three amazingly themed dining rooms – the Ballroom, the spooky West Wing, and the Rose Gallery. While lunch is first-come, first-served, reservations are strongly recommended for dinner. You can browse the menus of French-inspired cuisine here.
And don’t forget about the part of New Fantasyland that opened earlier this year – Storybook Circus, which includes the “doubled” Dumbo the Flying Elephant, Barnstormer Starring the Great Goofini, Pete’s Silly Sideshow Character Greeting and more!