No wonder summer is Olaf’s favorite season – it’s the perfect time for guests to explore the kingdom of Arendelle. For the first time in forever, “Frozen Ever After” is now open at Epcot’s Norway Pavilion at Walt Disney World Resort. The new attraction inspired by the blockbuster hit Frozen celebrates a “Summer Snow Day” in a family-friendly adventure.
A stone archway greets guests to the kingdom of Arendelle. A royal proclamation poster announces the “Summer Snow Day” celebration as guests begin their stroll. On their way to the harbor, guests will get a peek inside Kristoff’s icehouse, as the “Official Ice Master and Deliverer” and walk through “Oaken’s Tokens” at the port of Arendelle. Visitors should watch the sauna door, where Oaken likes doodling in the steam!
Guests board their boats at the harbor, and Sven and Olaf kick off their journey in the Willow Forrest before sailing through Troll Valley, and up the North Mountain. Anna and Kristoff welcome guests to the palace, while Olaf twirls on the ice.
When the glittering doors open leading to the Ice Palace Great Room, guests are encouraged to sing along to Elsa’s familiar anthem, “Let It Go” as the Queen’s ice magic surrounds them.
As the boat glides back down the mountainside, happy Snowgies surround Marshmallow. He roars his mighty greeting with a blast of his cold breath on guests’ return to the Bay of Arendelle.
To meet the regal sisters, guests are invited to visit the cozy Royal Sommerhus. Located just outside of a picturesque Norwegian village, the rural retreat is inspired by a cabin in the countryside of Norway. Anna and Elsa have opened their charming country cottage for visitors.
Decorations and family heirlooms adorning the foyer walls reflect the Royal Family of Arendelle. The sisters’ receiving room includes details reflecting their personalities: snowflakes on the white wooden shutters and rug for Queen Elsa, and a sunflower pattern throughout Anna’s area.
- Frozen Ever After is the first Frozen-themed attraction and Royal Sommerhus is Elsa and Anna’s permanent character greeting at Disney Parks.
- Guests can witness Elsa’s ice magic on Frozen Ever After.
- Composers Bobby and Kristen Lopez created new lyrics to the cherished Frozen film songs.
- All of the original voice talent from the film returned and recorded dialogue and songs for the attraction.
- Frozen Ever After features the most advanced Audio-Animatronic figures to date and the first to be all-electric, which provides fluid movements and the ability to animate in new ways.
- Walt Disney Imagineering traveled to Norway to research architecture, décor and artifacts; guests will find their inspiration at the Royal Sommerhus and throughout the pavilion.
- The design of Royal Sommerhus and the surrounding area is modeled after a traditional Norwegian cabin in Trondhei.